A small blog, by John Leeson & Oksana Kuryliw. These pages were first set up in February, 2013, but updates have been pretty infrequent the last couple of years. Stand by… one of these days that will change!
We have however, been busy, and have almost completed a documentary about Oksana’s father, Chapters and Verses: Action Bill’s Walk Through Life. Its premiere will be held on Sep. 12 in Toronto. See chaptersandverses.ca
We can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Blog pages for new posts about… things. Recent posts are listed in the upper right.
Travel & Places
Libya (2006-2012) A country we’ve become intimately involved in, from our first trip there in 2006, to our most recent, in 2012 as election observers for the Canadian Libyan Council.
- About our Libyan involvement
- The journal of our 2006 trip (old webpage)
- Journal & videos of our week in Tripoli, 2012
South Africa & Zimbabwe (August, 2012)
- See this page for a couple of short wildlife videos, and some photos.
- Travel journal coming soon.
New York City (1965-2013)
- An appreciation of a great city we’ve visited many times, plus a few notes and photos from our last trip there, in February, 2013
A few other places from the past (Ukraine & Istanbul in June of this year plus Cuba, Japan ) to come…
- Bill & Anna’s story
Oksana’s parents, their wedding and a treasure in an old trunk. Plus some memorials of Bill’s remarkable life.
- Our wedding
We recently unearthed Some old super8-film from 1976
And on our old webpages:
- Eleanor Leeson, 1910-2010
Celebrating John’s mother’s 100th birthday, April 12, 2010, and marking her passing, two months later.
- Jack Leeson, 1912-2009
Photos and memories of the life of John’s father
See also John’s world music website (not currently being updated).